Sunday, 15 July 2018

PowerApps Notes


Variables:
Microsoft Docs "PowerApps and Excel both automatically recalculate formulas as the input data changes".


  • Contextual variables - scoped at a screen level
Fx> UpdateContext({MyTimesheetId: 34})
Tip from Shane Young:  Note the setting variable may be the reference, so for a control use:
Fx> UpdateContext({MyTimesheetId: txtTimesheetId.Text}) not
Fx> UpdateContext({MyTimesheetId: txtTimesheetId.Text}) unless you want the context to float

Pass a variable to another screen use the Navigate overload, OnSelect property of a button
Fx> Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.None, {TSvar: MyTimesheetId}
MyTimeSheet Id is a contextual variable

  • Global variables - scoped app level
Fx> Set(MyUniqueClientNo, 12)

If Statement:
Fx> If(MyUniqueClientNo = 12, lblAns.text = 'yes', lblAns.text = 'No')

Tuesday, 3 July 2018

Visual Studio Code - Azure functions using local Node and JavaScript Problem Solving

Problem:  When I deploy my function locally, I get warnings.  The local server still works but fixing the Functions Worker Runtime issue.


The Visual Studio Terminal when debugging locally output the following warnings:

"your worker runtime is not set. As of 2.0.1-beta.26 a worker runtime setting is required.
Please run `func settings add FUNCTIONS_WORKER_RUNTIME <option>` or add FUNCTIONS_WORKER_RUNTIME to your local.settings.json
Available options: dotnet, node, java"

Later it show that Java is the default language:
"Could not configure language worker java."

Resolution:
Open the local.settings.json file and add the "FUNCTIONS_WORKER_RUNTIME" value as shown below.  "FUNCTIONS_WORKER_RUNTIME": "node",



Problem:  When debugging my Azure Function using Node, I get the following error: "Cannot connect to the runtime process, timeout after 10000 ms - (reason: Cannot connect to the target:)." and the debugger stops.  the local server still serves the application but I cannot debug.


Resolution: After reading many blogs, I was not having any joy.  Finally, I remembered that I have changed the port number the previous day.  In desperation, I changed the port number in the launch.json file back to it's original and the debugger started working.