There are some comprehensive blog posts on setting up Build automation. This post is a short summary of creating SharePoint wsp files from a Visual Studio 2012 solution within TFS2012.
- TFS2012 containing source files.
- Need a build controller and a build agent, this can be on the TFS server or a separate server, in my case it is separated out.
- On the Server holding the build controller, you need the SP binaries.
- Install "Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 - RTM"
- Create a new template or clone the default template and adjust it as shown below (You will need the VS extension (VSIX) "Team Foundation Server PowerShell Tools 2012" to clone an existing Build Template):
|Add the Packaging switch under the advanced Tab in the Process tab|