Thursday, 8 August 2013

SP2013 AutoSPInstaller Error Correction

This post contains alist of issues I have had to correct on multiple farm builds. 

Problem:  After a remote offline install the main CA box shows an upgrade is required.  CA > Manage servers in this farm :Upgrade Required
Resolution: Run cmd > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN>PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures

Problem: PU or CU is not getting installed.
Resolution: Ensure the .exe are extracted out e.g. ubersrv2013-kb2817414-fullfile-x64-glb.exe this is the June 2013 CU.  Ensure the March 2013 PU is extracted and in the same folder ubersrvsp2013-kb2767999-fullfile-x64-glb.exe.  Ensure they are placed in the correct location for me it is ..\2013\Updates\...  CU are cumulative so you only need the PU and then the latest CU.  Don't rename the CU - this caught me out.

Problem: I kept receiving the error: 17303 Extracted file error for the June CU (ubersrv2013-kb2817414-fullfile-x64-glb.exe).
Resolution:  Looks like the download was corrupt, re downloaded the CU and extracted the contents which fixed the issue.

Problem: I built a 4 SP server 2013 farm.  I had 2 Search nodes setup via AutoSPInstaller and added another 2 search nodes (index partitions with it's corresponding replicated index).  After a reboot I got into the following state and could not get WFE2 to join the search farm.
Using CA and looking at the Search topolgy on WFE2, I can see the error "Administrative status  The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel." and "Unable to retrieve topolgy component health states. This may be because the admin component is not up and running.".
Resolution: Check the routing, my CA box is WFE, I also had a CA role on WFE2, while playing with the farm I added a host entry to work with CA on WFE2.  The issue is that this is the same host entry as where my Admin component sits.  Removing the host entry on WFE2 fixed the status of the index and query components.


Post a Comment