- The user control is reference in master pages.
- Take a copy of the welcome.ascx file as you will be working on the original or need to reference your new copy in your master page.
Resolution - Another option for changing the welcome control:
- Remove the server control wssuc:Welcome from the master page or set it's visibility to hidden.
- Then write a Replacement control and add it to the master page.
Resolution: Add a new menu item
- Add a new element to the project that will be deployed as a feature
- Add the following code to the element file
- New menu item (Open BBC) is add to the welcome menu.
Chris O'Briens Ribbon Customisation blog series